You have bought your EMV equipment, but now what? Below is a check list of items to mark off your list of to-dos so you are 100% ready for the EMV deadline in April.
Step 1: Schedule you installation
Installation times are getting longer and longer, so be sure to get your installation scheduled asap!
Step 3: Get TCP/IP Connectivity
TCP/IP is standard Internet communications protocols that allow digital computers to communicate over long distances. Be sure to get this installed as well at your site.
Step 4: Let Your Customers Know You Are EMV Compliant
Purchase stickers to put on the pump or signs to put in the window to let customers know that you are EMV compliant.
Step 5: Train Your Staff
Train your staff so they know all the benefits EMV has to offer and why it was so important to the business and for your customers, as well as how the new equipment works.
Need to know stats & Gilbarco lead times
- 450 million dollars in fraud hit fuel dispensers in 2020
- 50% of Americans use contactless payment
- Encore Dispensers: 10 weeks
- FlexPay IV Retrofit Kits: 6 weeks
- Passport Windows 10 Upgrade Kits: 10 weeks
- BRCM Communication Kits: 8 weeks
- DCM Communication Kits: 12 weeks
CLICK HERE for the Gilbarco Resource Page.