Northwest Pump was founded in 1959 as a Petroleum distribution company with branches starting in Portland, OR, Seattle and Spokane, WA. Following three decades of providing excellent customer service in the Pacific Northwest, the company branched out to Honolulu, HI and Anchorage, AK in the 1990’s. The purchase of Shaw & Little Inc. in 2000 allowed NWP to start selling in California and Arizona, which then brought on the expansion to San Diego and Phoenix. Northwest Pump now has 16 branches across the West Coast including California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Idaho and Montana. NWP also expanded to Industrial sales in the 2000s and now provides a wide variety of products for Petroleum and Industrial projects and job sites. We pride ourselves on the service we have accomplished over the years and still to this day have family members from the original founders that run the company. Northwest Pump celebrated 60 years of business in 2019, and we plan to provide even better customer service in the next 60 to come!
In 2006, Northwest Pump became an employee-owned company with the establishment of an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). As “co-owners” of Northwest Pump, all employees have a meaningful incentive, as well as a responsibility to be the best we can and provide the best service to both our vendors, customers and each other.
Northwest Pump is committed to providing the highest quality products and service in all our businesses. That is why we are selective about the lines we choose to represent.
To effectively manage our business, we operate in three distinct divisions: Petroleum Equipment Sales, Industrial Equipment Sales, and Service. Please contact our sales staff for job quotes, competitive pricing, overall product questions and more!