It is with great honor that Northwest Pump accepted one of the 2019 Industrial Water & Wastes Digest Top Project Awards on September 23rd at the WEFTEC Conference in Chicago, IL. It was a labor of love and a whole team effort that got this project up-and-running this past summer in such a short amount of time. A special thanks to our Lead Engineer, David Bynum, for taking charge of this project and working directly with PGE Beaver Power Plant.
In June 2019 Northwest Pump had the pleasure of working on the PGE Beaver Power Plant in Clatskanie, Oregon. PGE Power is a 500 megawatt combined-cycle natural gas plant and 24.8 megawatt steam turbine that has been operating since 1976.
Northwest Pump provided the design, equipment, fabrication and installation for the replacement of three outdated failing sewage lift stations. Each lift station was completed within a 8-10 hour work day as to not disrupt their operations. The job needed significant advanced planning as the remote site required safety meetings and special requirements.
- 6 Ebara Submersible Vortex Sewage Pumps, 3HP, 480VAC, 3PH, 100GPM @ 25ft TDH
- 3 Lift Rail Systems
- 3 Custom Stainless Steel covers and Hatches
- 3 Kwik Float Systems
- 3 Custom Stainless Steel 480VAC Control Panels
- 3 Custom Stainless Steel Junction Boxes
- 3 15ft Stainless Steel Vent Pipes
- Complete Demolition of old equipment and installation of new equipment within a 3 day span
Our innovative design of the guide rail system allowed a safer and less intrusive installation of the Quick Disconnect Elbows to the bottom of the lift station. Base elbows, piping and valves are pre-assembled and were mounted to a common stainless steel plate. This assembly was then lowered as a complete unit in the water well.
New custom stainless steel hatch covers and control panels were also installed with extended vent pipe. The extended pipe works to prevent personnel from being overwhelmed with odors from the lift station. This large concern was something that has been a huge help to everyone that works on this job site.
- Project Year: 2019
- Owner: Portland General Electric
- Project Designer: Northwest Pump
- Project Contractor: Northwest Pump
- Sub-Contractors: Charter Mechanical, Oregon Electric Group, Inc.
- Manufacturers: Ebara Pumps America Corporation, Win Supply of Portland, West Coast Metals, SJE, Inc.
- Cost: $200K
- Size: 300 GPM
About Northwest Pump:
Northwest Pump is the West’s largest distributor of petroleum equipment and industrial pumps and compressors, since 1959.
NWP has been an industry leader in selling and servicing petroleum products since 1959. We offer top quality products, decades of experience, and unparalleled customer service. When we added our industrial division over 10 years ago, those same qualities were established immediately. Employee-owned since 2006, that pride in ownership is reflected with everything that we do. For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.nwpump.com.